Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!




We made it home Tuesday. Darryl had to spend his 50th birthday in airports. I felt sorry for him, but was so glad to be heading home. We spent Monday night in London in order to be closer to the airport. We had such a difficult time finding things when we arrived, we felt that would be best. Leaving was much better than arriving, and I have to say that the renovations to Terminal 4 really helped. I didn't know when we arrived that they were close enough to completion that we would see them on our way out, but it definitely left me with a much better impression of the airport.




We left London an hour and 25 minutes later than scheduled. Since we had a 4+ hour layover in Detroit, it wasn't a big deal to us. Just shortened our time in Detroit. I have to admit, I was nervous coming home after the Air France incident. But both flights were very smooth.




Our precious boys met us at the airport and we went to Longhorn to celebrate Darryl's birthday. I wanted iced tea so badly, but decided I didn't need the tea. But the next two mornings, I headed to McDonald's for some sweet tea. I still have not made it to McAlister's!! I could kick myself for not getting a picture of my man on his birthday!!!




Happy 4th of July. God Bless America, Land that I love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment