Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What A Mess!

The living room after the new paint job! I love the color!!!


For my few followers, sorry I have not posted in a while. I hate it when blogs I'm following have no new posts for some time, but that has been the story here. Shortly before we left for Ridgecrest, we began the process of getting a new floor for the main floor of our house. We planned to do all the work, but had Home Depot come and measure it to A) give us a list of what we would need and B) check to make sure the original floor was level enough to put down Pergo and C) just in case it wasn't too much, see what they would charge to put it down (like we really thought that would happen). Unfortunately, but not really surprising, the floors were not even level enough for the Pergo. So our options at that point were to lay more carpet and vinyl, or fix the floors. We opted, so far for the second option.
Darryl has laid another subfloor for part of the living room and then put down a leveling compound. Then the compound had to be sanded. The dust was so thick that he would have to stop after about 10 minutes to let it settle. (just imagine what my house looks like) While he was doing that, I was not able to paint for obvious reasons. I have gotten the living room and kitchen completed. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of the kitchen. I painted it a softer yellow than it was. It was so harsh that it hurt my eyes at times. Yes, I painted it that color and have been VERY unhappy with it since. I was too tight to waste that first bucket of paint. Boy have I learned my lesson. But I love it this time. I plan to start the hall tomorrow. It will be a lighter shade of the living room. The bathroom will be the same as the living room, but not sure when it will get done since I go back to school on Thursday.
I'll keep you posted on the progress. Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. I think it is going to drive me nuts but if I can keep from going crazy, I think I'm really going to love it when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment