Friday, June 26, 2009

THE Castle

We spent our last night in Scotland (Tuesday, June 16) in a castle. A real castle by the name of Auchen Castle which is located outside Dumfries, Scotland. I took tons of pictures. Here a just a few (ok, more than a few) of the pictures I took. The sky was so blue that day it made taking pictures even more enjoyable.

This picture is coming up the drive to the castle.
Directly across from the driveway from the Castle.




The upstairs window was the window to our room.






The staircase inside the castle.


At the foot of this staircase was a mirror that covered the wall. As I walked down the steps to dinner in my full-length dress I remembered the way we used to pretend to be a princess coming down the stairs of a castle. I may not be a princess, but at least I got the castle experience for a night!!!


This was our room. There were matching his and her robes on the bed. In the middle was the cutest, softest bear I have ever seen. He was wearing a tag that said he was up for adoption. He was adopted!!!!!!
My bear sitting on the couch of the flat. He will sit in our guest room as a reminder of our night in the castle. Just not on the bed.....Chloe (our pug) will think I bought it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment