Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Manor and a Guest House

Crabwall Manor - After going to Conwy Castle in Wales, we drove to here for the night.
This is the terrace and dining area (in the background). We had a wonderful meal at the manor that evening. Another formal affair that was very interesting.






The windmills remind me of something from a sci-fi movie. There is something a little spooky about them to me.


This is a picture of the hills of Scotland. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of Wales so you could compare the two. In my opinion, Wales is the prettier of the two but Scotland is far from ugly. Something else I can't believe I didn't get a picture of was the sheep. I have never seen so many sheep in all my life!!!! And to top it off, I don't believe I have ever seen sheared sheep. (and I'm not sure that is the correct way to say that but I think you get the picture)


This is the Sonas Guest House which is a Bed and Breakfast.
Crabwall Manor was amazing. While it was very old, it was well-maintained. Our room, which I failed to get a picture of, was quite large. And the bathroom was unbelievable. I never take a bath, only showers in hotels. This bathroom had a very large tub which I could not wait to get in and soak. It had a separate shower and two pedestal sinks. The room itself had yellow and blue (two of my favorites!) as the color theme. I have tried repeatedly to describe it and do it justice and have given up. Just trust me when I say it was magnificent.
We left Crabwall Manor and headed for Edinburgh, Scotland where we stayed at The Sonas. The Sonas was a Bed and Breakfast. Our room was quite tiny, but there was something very charming about it at the same time. I'm glad we had the opportunity to stay there. We met a man and his son from Indiana who were also staying there and enjoyed talking to them, especially the little boy. He was telling us all the places we should go while we were in town. I didn't have the heart to tell him we were not staying any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment