Friday, June 12, 2009

Oxford Tour

Oxford Castle
Another picture of the castle.

The stairs leading to the tower. We climbed all 101 of them. They were steep and very narrow. It was very scary coming back down for me.


Christ Church, where Harry Potter was filmed.

The next few shots are random flowers outside our flat shortly after it rained. The sun came out briefly and I was able to get a few shots. A few of the flowers needed some attention but I didn't think they would like me messing with their flowers.





The pictures on this blog are from Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday I took the flower pictures. I was doing laundry, which is across the quad from our flat. On a trip back from checking on the laundry, I decided to get a few shots of the flowers while the moisture was still on them. Wednesday was a day for him to write all day.
Thursday, he spent a great deal of time writing as well. We did take a couple of hours out of the day to take a bus tour of Oxford. They have the double-decker, open-top buses here like the ones in London. We enjoyed this one as well as the one we took in London. We learned a fair amount of the history of the colleges. There are 39 colleges that make up Oxford University and our guide was well informed about all of them. We also took time to tour Oxford Castle. It was a working castle and then a prison. It was used as a prison until 1996 and has only opened for tours for the past 3 years.
Today was another writing day for Darryl. I did not venture out to do any exploring on my own today. We leave tomorrow for a bit of a road trip. We are going to the Trooping of the Colours, in honor of the Queen's birthday and then are heading to Wales. From there we are going to do a little tour of Scotland. Not sure about Internet access while we will be gone, but I will post if I can. Please be praying for safe travel for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment