Friday, June 26, 2009

More London Exploring Tuesday, June 23

Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. We were so far away I really didn't get any good pictures.

We also went to Harrod's. What an experience that was. Found a jacket I thought would be nice with a pair of pants I had. The price......3,859 pounds, which at the exchange rate for Tuesday, June 23, would be $6,413. I quickly moved on!!! We also had our most expensive meal there, at a hamburger shop!!! We had a very formal meal at Crabhill Manor and at Auchen Castle and they were not as expensive as Harrod's. I'm still in shock that a hamburger, tuna melt sandwich and a milkshake could cost so much!!!!! While there we saw the tribute to Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed that caused such a stir with the Royal Family. (Dodi's dad owns Harrod's)

I found the use of the word killed rather than died to be interesting.

I wish I had gotten several shots of this. It is life-size and very well done. The escalator on both sides make it possible to get a very good look at the memorial.

Reminded me of Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyke's character. This was in Trafalgar Square. We have been there several times during our trips to London. We had some extra time to get a few different pictures that day.

The fountains remind me of all the fountains we saw in Rome.

The National Gallery - an excellent art museum.

Massive lions in Trafalgar Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment